These frittata muffins make a fantastic snack, breakfast or lunch. They are packed with protein, good fats and vegetables and have a huge array of micronutrients. These are great to cook on a Sunday so you have quick and healthy go-to foods through the week and they are freezable. These muffins will help curb your hunger while keeping you satisfied for longer and will support constant energy levels and brain function. Oh yeah, and they are delicious to boot!
Cook time: 15-25 Minutes
Ingredients (makes 8-12):
-6 eggs, whisked in a bowl
-2-3 green shallots, finely sliced or ½ red onion, diced
-1-2 cups of vegetables, diced (e.g. capsicum, button mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus)
-2 cups baby spinach or rocket
-½ cup cheese (ricotta, goat or sheep feta, or mozzarella)
-1 garlic glove, minced
-1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
-Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Line muffin tray with muffin cases or grease with coconut oil, butter or ghee.
3. Heat a fry pan on medium to high heat and add olive oil – once hot, add garlic and onion, saute for 1 minute.
4. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Turn off the heat, add spinach or rocket and stir through until wilted.
6. Leave vegetable mix to cool for a few minutes.
7. Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
8. Add onion/vegetable mix to eggs and combine.
9. Add cheese and stir through.
10. Pour mixture into muffin cases/tray.
11. Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on size of muffin tray – e.g. cupcake-size, bake for 15 minutes and muffin size, bake for 20-25 minutes).
12. Once cooked all the way through, remove from oven and allow to cool.
13. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (or half in fridge, half in freezer).
Calories: 87.0 cal
Carbohydrates: 5.0 gm
Protein: 5.0 gm
Fat: 5.5 gm